Advanced Statistics - Biology 6030
Bowling Green State University, Fall 2019
Cichlid Brain Morphology - Lab Exercises
Examine the data contained in BodyMeasures.txt. The file lists a series of measures for individual brain structures in range of African Great Lake Cichlids. A description of the data set is found here
- Are the sizes of structures correlated?
- Are these explained by a series of latent axes? If so, how can we interpret these?
- Which are the 5 individual species with the highest scores on the first axis?
- Are there ecological determinants for these sources of variation? (I.e., if we plot different lineages, how do they distribute?)
Competences earned this week:
- Examine the multivariate structure of a data set
- Relate multivariate measures with a grouping variable
last modified: 9/30/17
This material is copyrighted and MAY NOT be used for commercial purposes, © 2001-2019 lobsterman.
[ Advanced Statistics Course page | About BIO 6030 | Announcements ]
[ Course syllabus | Exams & Grading | Glossary | Evaluations | Links ]